Flash drives can get infected too. That's why this tutorials focuses on protecting you flash drive.
BitLocker can protect your flash drive by encrypting it. Please note that BitLocker is only available for Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Step 1: Plug your flash drive into a USB port
- Step 2: Click Start
- Step 3: Click on Computer
- Step 4: Right click on the drive that contains your USB drive
- Step 5: Click "Turn on BitLocker"
- Step 6: Under "Choose how you want to unlock this drive", click either Use a password or Use my Smart Card
- Step 7: Click Next
- Step 8: Under "How do you want to store your recovery key", choose either Save or Print
- Step 9: Click on the Location you want your key to be saved
- Step 10: Click Save
- Step 11: Click Next
- Step 12: Click Start Encrypting