The Following Article is a Stub
You can help Techversity Wiki by expanding it.
In the world of YouTube, users have some key important concepts to study if they want to survive the varying environments of YouTube.
If you are a YouTube commenter, it is recommended that you follow certain tips and morals for commenting and posting other non-video content to YouTube:
- No advertising. The comments section of YouTube videos seems like the perfect place to promote your free game or new website. The sad truth is that it is the exact opposite. Rather than attracting visitors you instead deter visitors. Advertising on the YouTube video comments sections just gives others the impression that you're very needy.
- Don't feed the trolls. Trolls are people that post inflammatory content to the comments sections purely to piss people off. It is best advised that these trolls be ignored under all circumstances. Do NOT reply to a comment that is using a morally unacceptable format (i.e. all caps, cussing, etc.).
- Be respectful. Respect and kindness are VERY important concepts and go a long way. Please take into consideration that most (if not all) users are humans behind a computer screen or on a phone or tablet.
- Avoid sensitive topics. Unless the video you are commenting on is purely religious or political material, do not bring up politics or religion in a comment. However, every person has their own political and/or religious beliefs and should be respected for them.
If you are a YouTuber (that is, you upload video content), it is recommended that you follow these tips:
- Ignore hate comments. Haters are just looking for a way to break you apart. If anything, they can hate you for no reason purely just to get a reaction out of you. It's best not to let YouTube comment hate get to you.
- Be respectful. Everybody's human, and we make mistakes.
- Follow the community guidelines. As stated here, there are certain common-sense rules to follow. This includes:
- YouTube is NOT the place for pornography. YouTube is not the place for pornography or sexually explicit content. It is advised not to be posted on YouTube. In summary, YouTube is NOT PornHub.
- YouTube is NOT the place for violent or graphic content. It is advised that when posting graphic content in a news or documentary context to be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what is going on in the video. Otherwise, violent or gory content is not allowed.
- YouTube is NOT the place for hateful content. While YouTube is a platform for free expression, they do not accept nor support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, etc. In summary, do not attack a person or a group.
- No spam content. Everyone hates spam. YouTube advises that you do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. Posting large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content is also highly frowned upon.
- No harmful or dangerous content. YouTube may not exactly be kid friendly to begin with, but posting videos that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt will only make things worse. You can age-restrict your content, but it's best just not to risk it.
- Respect copyright. For the love of all that is good in this world, respect copyright. Only upload videos that you have made or that you are authorized to use.